Getting on a diet plan to get a fit and healthy body is a great idea. More than losing weight, it’s quite important to organize your diet chart and keep your immunity strong and healthy. Most of us don’t get it to the point that starving all day long without eating foods or surviving on raw salads is going to help you out. But to look at the dark side, you’ll simply end up becoming weak and sick.
To avoid messing around with your body and at the same time, maintaining your diet chart with a proper low carbohydrate diet. Nutritionist suggests you keep a track of a proper low carb diet to lose weight and at the same time strengthen your energy levels to the maximum. Here, we bring some important tips and a diet routine that you can probably keep in mind and follow the next time you try to lose your body weight or start your diet.
The basics of eating in a low carbohydrate diet for weight loss
Always remember the basic picks are extremely important when it comes to a low carb diet. Your choice of food helps in deciding a lot about how much pounds you will shred in a week or month. Here we are with a basic meal plan to guide and let you know what all type of foods you can include and what should be strictly avoided.
Always remember to increase protein and fat in your diet during a low carbohydrate diet for weight loss. If you are not sure what to add in your protein diet, you can find it here: List of high protein foods
You can also follow the fruit diet plan if you want to lose weight in 1 week.
There are also few home remedies that can also help you in shedding a few extra pounds. Check this list: home remedies for weight loss
Take it as a general guideline in drafting your whole meal prep plan and choose healthy ingredients.
What to Eat
- Pick up all those healthy natural ingredients which boost your metabolism and consists of good fats. Meat, fish, eggs, vegetables, fruits, nuts, high-fat dairy and all the vegetables growing above the ground.
- Consume meat Beef, lamb, pork, chicken and others.
- Fishes are an excellent source of protein. You can add Salmon, trout, haddock and many others to your diet but make sure you bake them or just cook it with some olive oil instead of deep or shallow fry.
- Eggs are enriched with omega-3. They are the best to infuse in some high amount of energy into your body.
- Vegetables such as Spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and others which are less starchy are extremely good in low carb diet plan.
- You may also include fresh fruits such as apples, oranges, pears, blueberries, strawberries.
- Nuts ultimately increase your energy levels. Make sure you keep Almonds, walnuts, sunflower seeds, etc for your snack time.
- High-fat dairy – Cheese, butter, heavy cream, and full cream yogurt.
- Coconut oil, butter, lard, olive oil, and fish oil.
What not to Eat:
From sugar to HFCS, wheat, high starchy food, seed oils, trans fat, and other non- gluten grains or low-fat food items are strict to be avoided. They contain bad cholesterol and are highly processed.
These are some major groups of food categories which should be strictly taken care and avoided while on a low carb diet.
- Right from soft drinks to packed juices, candies and ice cream, everything consists of a high amount of sugar and are extremely bad for your health. Avoid them completely to make your body muscles strong and lose those extra belly pounds.
- Eliminate consuming refines grains such as wheat, barley, rice, bread, and even pasta.
- Say no to hydrogenated oils or oily food items.
- Never pick up any low-fat product from the market. They may be low in fat but ultimately high with other added preservatives and sugar.
- You are advised to consume more vegetables in low carb diet but, take care that you limit out those starchy vegetables such as potatoes, zucchini, corns, peas or sweet potatoes.
Low Carb Diet Weight Loss in 2 weeks
Follow this low carb diet plan for weight loss around 2 weeks and you can definitely feel the difference in your curves.
Monday low carb diet plan
Sauté some raw vegetables and enjoy with scrambled eggs or plain omelet.
Add some healthy blueberries to yogurt and pick a hand full of nuts as per your choice.
To keep yourself full until next morning, eat a bunless cheeseburger with some vegetables and salsa sauce. Make sure you avoid any other store brought sauces.
Tuesday low carb diet plan
Chicken breast or bacon with eggs.
Vegetables with some homemade burger slices or red meat cutlets.
Grilled salmon with butter topping and vegetables. You can also add up some chickpeas if you still feel hungry.
Wednesday low carb diet plan
Omelet with fried vegetables and a glass of milk
Shrimp salad with some olive oil for dressing. You can add any vegetable of your choice to the salad.
Grilled chicken with vegetable stock soup and raw veggies.
Thursday low carb diet plan
Chickpea salad with fried vegetables
Coconut milk smoothie with some berries and almonds. If you have protein powder, add some to it.
Beef/chicken steak with vegetables and salsa sauce.
Friday low carb diet plan
Scrambled eggs and milk, add some nuts to keep yourself full for long hours.
Chicken salad and vegetables.
Vegetable soup with some grilled chicken. You can make any homemade sauce as an addition to your meal.
Saturday low carb diet plan
Boiled egg and banana smoothie. ( without sugar)
Yogurt with some coconut flakes and walnuts. Add more fruits if you wish it to be sweeter.
Vegetables and meatballs.
Sunday low carb diet plan
Proteins shake and scrambled eggs
Some fresh berries and vegetables in chicken salad.
Chicken wings ( baked in olive oil ). Mashed vegetables with salt and pepper.
What about snacks during a low carb diet plan?
Yes, you read it right, snacks. It’s equally important that you feed your body rightly in between the meals as well. You are going to feel hungry in between your meal gaps. So, here we are with the best list of suggestions for you to pick up in between your meals and avoid unhealthy eating.
- A piece of fruit
- Olives with some low carb crackers
- Berries and whipped cream
- Fresh fruit smoothie
- Carrot sticks with peanut butter
- Full-fat yogurt
- One or two hard-boiled eggs
- Baby carrots
- Dark chocolate
- Previous night leftovers
- A handful of nuts
- Some cheese and meat
- Tuna salad with lettuce wraps
Always remember to clean your pantry before going on a low carb diet. Try your level best to stay away from unhealthy temptations.
Read More, Rebel wilson weight loss secret diet
Reasons why you still are not losing your weight
- Always remember never to skip down your meals. Starving will not help you lose weight.
- Exercise regularly and suffice your body with enough nutrients and energy foods.
- Keep a calories count check and not your weight. Trust us, most of the people check their weight on the scale rather than focusing as to what they eat. Make sure you pick up the right nutritious food.
- Avoid staying stressed. Chronic stress and have a bad impact on your health.
- Get enough sleep. Your body rest also determines how it works and reacts to hunger pangs and cravings in a day.
- Do some right amount of exercise rather than following some blind guidelines from IG trainers.
- Avoid too much of dairy.
We hope this blog was helpful and handy to make you understand a low carb diet plan. But make sure that you consume 100 g of carbohydrates only every day. Making it fall to completely zero or increase than the bottom line can damage your protein and fiber levels. Consult a doctor before you start your low carb diet routine.
Read More, How to do morning walk for weight loss
Do let us know what you think about it and share more tips on it.
Stay healthy, stay happy!