How To Remove Acrylic Nails Safely at Home?
If you are crazy about fashion or the latest trends in fashion, you obviously have tried the Acrylic nails. And you are here with us proves that I am right. 😉 Acrylic nails are one of the hottest ongoing trends in the glam world for nails. Women love changing their nail art and trying something full glam and classy every now and then.
The styles might have changed but nail acrylics are still one of the trendings in nail enhancement. From Oval shape matte nails to glossy coffin nails, there’s something there for every lady out there. While we talk about the nail acrylics, how can one miss narrating the difficulty in removing them off from your nails? Though a pro nail salon does it more easily and neatly, why spend so much money, and time when you can do it by yourself.
Yes, you heard it right, we have come up with some of the best and promising ways to save your money and time to clean up your acrylics nail paints at the comfort of your own home. These natural methods of removing acrylic nails will not only clean your nail acrylics but also strengthen your nails and prevent them from breaking.
How to Remove Acrylic Nails at Home?
Here’s a list of few ways in which you can get rid of those stubborn acrylics easily and quickly. We have mentioned both the ways of removing acrylic nails, with Acetone and without Acetone. You can choose the one that suits your nails.
1. Remove Of Acrylic Nails Using Acetone And Aluminum Foil
We all know that nail paint can be easily removed with acetone, but there’s another secret trick to it which will eventually make the whole process a lot more easy and quick.
- First of clip your nail and file away the coats as short as possible.
- Then apply a small amount of petroleum jelly and place the acetone soaked cotton pads on them.
- Now, wrap aluminum foil across your nail beds and leave it to rest.
- Make sure that you wrap your nails properly and cover them tightly in it.
- After 5-10 minutes, when you don’t feel any resistance to your nails, remove it off.
- Rinse with water and Bingo! Your nails are done.
2. Remove Acrylic Nails Using Dental Floss
Grab a dental floss to remove the tough nail paint from your gorgeous nail beds. Now, this might sound really weird but that fact is that it too works well when you run out of all other options. You need an assistance from someone to remove your nail paint with dental floss. Ask your friend to help you out with this smoothly and not to do things in a hurry.
- Firstly, file your nails and make an inlet on it.
- Now ask your friend to insert your dental floss through the inlet and slowly start to move it in swan motion.
- This might take a bit longer time but for sure is a promising method to clear out your nail paints.
- After few swings, you’ll see the nail acrylic popping out from your nails.
- Be careful not to quick out this process as you may end it up all in a mess. It’s a slow and steady process.
3. Remove Acrylic Nails Using Acetone Free Nail Paint Remover
Well, excess use of acetone on nails isn’t a good idea at all. You can try using the acetone free nail polish remover to clean your acrylic nails.
- Just as stated in the previous method, cut your nails and apply petroleum jelly on your cuticles.
- Now pour the remover in a bowl and soak your finger for 30-40 minutes.
- keep your finger still and straight until the remover works on your nail paints.
- After some time, when you feel your nail beds getting lighter, you can pull off the acrylic with tweezers.
- Just remember to keep adding nail paint remover to your soaking bowl as it gets evaporated quickly.
4. Take Off Acrylic Nails Using Acetone And Warm Water
Well, if at some point you run out of aluminum foil at your home, don’t worry because there’s another amazing hack to remove those tough acrylic nail paints easily. You can still get rid of those nail paints easily.
- As a usual clip, your nails first and file them firstly.
- Then mix acetone and warm water in a bowl in the ratio 1:1.
- Apply petroleum jelly to your cuticles then dip your finger in this mixture and sit back to relax for 30-40 minutes.
- You can then remove your fingers and clear out the acrylic paint which by now should become soft and will be able to peel off from your nails.
- Make sure that it comes off easily and if not, then repeat the process for a longer time to ease out the process.
5. Using Warm Water (Without Acetone) to Remove Nail Paints
To all those who love their nails a little extra and want to go chemical free, here the easiest and gentlest way to remove your nail acrylics. This gentle method might be one of the most time consuming among all but on an honest note, it is one of the safest ways to remove your nail paints.
- Firstly, trim your nails and pry it with a stick.
- Prepare a soaking bowl with warm water and make sure that the temperature is bearable for your fingers.
- Dip your fingers in a downward direction where the water can easily seep in through your nails.
- Wait until you see the acrylic coming out, if not then add some more warm water and wait for few more minutes.
- You will slowly see the paint coming off from your nails and leaving your skin clean and chemical free.
6. Use Nail Filers to Remove Acrylic Paints
This is indeed the most time consuming and the last option to get rid of those nail acrylics. If you are left with no option to go with then try filing your nails until you reach your original nail bed. This might take a lot of time and effort but it all worth in the end.
Just make sure that you clip your nails and remove all designs from your nails before filing them. Lastly, once you are done, apply some cuticle oil to your nails to prevent it from damage.
7. Buff your nails
Apply a good rich moisturizer and buff your nails. when you soften down the nail paints, they can easily be buffed out with a buffer. If this does not work with a moisturizer, then try to first soak the fingers in an alcohol solution and then buff them. This will definitely help you out to remove the remaining acrylic from your nail beds.
Read More, Best Home Remedies for Brittle Nails
These are the some best ways to remove acrylic nail paint from your nails. Now, you know that how to remove acrylic nails at home that too safely, you can do whatever nail art you want to do. Because you have the best tips to remove acrylic nail safely at home that too with minimal cost.
If you want to take extra care of your hand and nails, do a manicure at home. You can read if you want to grow nails faster: How to Grow Nails Faster in a Week