How to Make Flaxseed Gel at Home for Hair Growth
I am a big fan of flaxseed and always suggest people around me to add flaxseed to their diet. Well, I will not lie, I am eating flaxseed since my dad added them to his diet. He has diabetes and someone told him to eat a small amount of flaxseed daily. After that, I researched on flaxseed and they really surprised me.
Flaxseed is one of those magical ingredients which cures cholesterol, diabetes, digestive health, cancer, great skin, hair and much more. These small seeds are packed with many important nutrients like calcium, zinc, protein, magnesium, iron and omega 3 fatty acids, which are necessary for the hair growth. You can either eat or apply directly to hairs. It can make hair healthy, shiny and strong.
I am using flaxseed as hair growth mask for 2 months and here I am with the recipe of flaxseed for hair growth for you.
Here are some reasons why Flax Seeds are good for Hair Growth:
- The flaxseed contains Vitamin E which is the best vitamins for hair growth.
- It has strong antioxidant properties that help in preventing hair and scalp damage.
- Flaxseeds have very high amounts of omega 3 fatty acids which increase the hair’s elasticity. This makes hair less prone to breakage and makes it strong. It also stops hair to become dry and brittle
- Flax seeds make hair smooth and manageable by conditioning it.
- Flaxseeds have anti-inflammatory properties which help in reducing the possibility of dandruff, eczema and other scalp conditions. It also stops a permanent hair loss condition.
So, now you know that the flaxseeds are a rescuer for your hairs, let’s know about how to make flaxseed gel for your hair and make them strong, shiny and beautiful. By using this gel you can treat your hair fall problems. But remember, patience is the key while using a natural ingredient for treatment.
Flaxseed Gel for Hair
There are two ways to make flaxseed gel at home. I will mention both processes. It’s up to you which way to follow. If you want silky shiny and straight hair, this remedy is for you.
Read More: Health Benefits of Flaxseed
Process of Making Flaxseed Gel by Boiling:
You can extract flaxseed gel by boiling it.
- Take half cup of flaxseed and two cups of water
- Take a pan and add both of them in it.
- boil it in medium flame
- Stir regularly so that it won’t stick in the bottom
- when it forms egg white like consistency, off the flame
- strain it as quickly as possible with the help of a cotton cloth. Once it gets cool down you won’t be able to filter the seeds easily.
Process for Making Flaxseed gel by Soaking:
- Soak 2 tablespoons of flaxseed in half cup of water
- Leave it untouched for two days
- After that, Strain the water using a cotton cloth or strainer
These are the two ways to make flaxseed gel at home. Now, I am mentioning how to use this flaxseed gel for hair regrowth.
Flaxseed Gel with Olive Oil:
Mix 2 tablespoon of olive oil, honey and few drops of lavender essential oil. Apply this on your hair from root to tip with a gentle massage. Leave it for 40 mins and then wash your hair with mild shampoo.
You can use this flaxseed gel daily as a hair gel, just ditch the honey in this gel and reduce the olive oil quantity. Also, use the boiling process of flaxseed gel if you want to store for a long time.
NOTE: Use this Flaxseed Gel when your hairs are dry in nature.
Flaxseed Gell with lemon:
Mix juice of one lemon to flaxseed gel. Divide the hairs into small groups and apply flaxseed gel to your hair from root to tip and massage. leave it for 40 minutes and then wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
You can use this gel daily as a hair gel. This will make your hair strong and shiny. Just use boiling process in making flax seed gel if you want to store for a long time.
NOTE: Use this flaxseed gel when your hairs have an oily texture.
Also, read Home Made Hair Mask for Damage Hairs
Use Flaxseed for hair growth daily. Flaxseed can make your hair straight, shiny, beautiful from inside and outside. Do use this daily or twice a week and feel the difference.