How to Get Rid of Acne Scars at Home
Acne marks are really embarrassing can be irritating on the face. Most of them are stubborn with their patches and scars, which take a long time to clear out from your skin. The acne is most common among teenagers, but it can affect adults of all ages.
Most of the times, we end up trying out every other product from the market that promises around to fight your acne marks. These products are mostly loaded with chemical and might make your scars become worst in certain cases.
Well, don’t worry! We are here to ease out your acne issues with some of the best home remedies to clear out those scary scars from your face.
Types of Scars:
Your acne issue can be from one of these as stated below-
1. Ice-Pick Scars: Scars which are Narrow, deep, and pitted scars
2. Rolling Scars: The deep broad, depressed mark with slanting edges
3. Boxcar Scars: Broad scars with sharp edges
4. Atrophic Scars: Scars those are flat, thin and depressed
5. Hypertrophic Scars: Lumpy thick scars
No matter what may be the issue, we have a solution for each one of you depending on your skin condition. Let’s go around and check out these quick effective acne remedies.
If you are facing acne problems then treat acne first before acne scars. Here are some Best Homemade Turmeric Face Packs for Acne, Fairness, Tanning, Pimple and Dull Skin
Home Remedies to Get Rid of Acne Scars
Below is the list of best ways to treat acne scars and make them invisible.
1. Aloe Vera
Basic scars can be quickly healed and cured with proper moisturizing and care. Aloe Vera is one of the best ingredients to pick when it comes to natural moisturizers. The antioxidant and natural astringent in Aloe Vera treats the swelling and redness of scars and removes all the excess oil and dirt from your skin. On a bonus note, Aloe Vera is also great for sunburns and tan skin. It repairs your skin as well as protects it from further damages too.
- Extract a layer of gel from Aloe Vera leaves.
- Apply it on the affected area.
Try doing this daily every night to see quick results.
You can also buy readymade aloe vera gel from the market. Here is the list of Best Aloe Vera Gels that you can use for your scars.
Cucumbers are rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and magnesium which helps in hydrating your skin and helps in healing the acne scars. An organic cucumber is great in reducing the acne scars and reduce dark spots from your face. Beauty enthusiasts recommend eating cucumber and applying on your face as well to stay hydrated and healthy.
- Cut two slices of cool cucumber and place it on your eyes.
To obtain the best results, try using an organic cucumber to get quick results.
Also read, Best Home Remedies for Pigmentation on Face
3. Baking Soda
Baking soda is one of the excellent agents for natural exfoliation of your face, it removes the dead skin cells and refreshes out your face. It balances the PH of your face and helps in reducing acne scars easily. You can use baking powder as a home remedy for acne scars.
- Take a tablespoon of baking soda and mix it with one teaspoon of water.
- Apply the mixture on your acne scars and let it dry.
- Once it dries off, wash away with cold water.
Taking some insights from the Indian Grandma’s beauty tips, Besan is no less than any other magical ingredient. It cleanses and exfoliates your skin naturally as well as clearing out the ance marks from your face. But there is one thing that the beauty enthusiasts suggest about this ingredient, too much of besan may not lead to having a positive result either. So to be safe around the corner, they suggest besan to be an aid for acne scars rather than a proper remedy.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of besan with the required amount of lemon extract to make a thick paste.
- Apply it on the affected area and let it dry.
- Once it becomes dry and stiff, wash off with cold water.
Try to follow this ance mask for thrice a day. Since lemon has bleaching property, everyday application of this mask may cause irritation on your skin.
5. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice has a natural alpha-hydroxy acid (AHA) present on in it which helps to fade the scars and promote healing in your face. It has natural bleaching properties in it which will eventually work on your tough scars and make it lighter day by day.
You can either use a raw lemon extract or a diluted mixture to apply on your face. In both the cases, lemon is believed to work generously on your dark spots and scars.
- Squeeze a cold lemon and dab it in a clean cotton.
- Apply it on the affected areas and let it dry for 5 minutes.
- Wash off with a cold water splash.
Read More, Best Ways to Use Lemon for Weight Loss
6. Orange peel powder
You might have noticed that many salon experts use orange peel powder as a powerful ingredient in their customized face mask. That’s because the orange peel is highly rich in vitamin C and works as a natural astringent to tone and clean your skin. Mostly the orange peel powder is suggested for people with oily skin as it sucks the excess oil and treats the pigmentation on your skin effectively.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of orange peel powder with a teaspoon of raw honey. (water can also be used as a substitute)
- Apply the paste on the affected areas of your face and let it dry.
- After 10-15 minutes, clean out the mask from your face and wash away with cold water.
Turmeric is another magical ingredient in the beauty books since ages and centuries. It contains curcumin which has excellent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties present in it. This antiseptic ingredient reduces excess production of oil and melanin on your skin and treats all the scars and hyperpigmented spots like magic without any irritation.
8. Castor oil
Just like coconut oil, castor oil is also excellent in repairing scarred and damaged skin tissues. It contains Vitamin-E and omega-3 fatty acids which help in rescuing your face from the appearance of scar marks in future.
- Take a few drops of castor oil on your fingers and do a simple message on your face.
- Leave it for overnight and wash off the next morning.
Message your face regularly with this oil and you’ll soon see positive results.
9. Rose Water
Rose water is well known for its ability to soften the scar tissues on your skin and erase the scar marks. Try using some natural rose water to reap some extra benefits and clears your acne marks quickly.
- Dip a cotton ball in some rose water and gently apply it on your face.
- Don’t wash your face once applied, let it dry an evaporate on its own.
10. Oatmeal mask
Oatmeal is known for its excellent moisturizing quality on your skin which also tricks into further absorbing of excess oil from your face. Oatmeal contains excellent antioxidants and inflammatory properties which eventually results in fewer acne breakouts and redness on your skin. Oatmeal mask one in a week is also proven to keep your skin cells calm and healthy in extreme winters.
- Mix together, 2 tablespoons of oatmeal, 1 teaspoon of honey and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to make a thick paste like a mask.
- Apply the mixture evenly on your entire face and let it dry for 30 minutes.
- Wash off with cold water.
Repeat this face mask once or twice a week for great quick results.
11. Egg white
Rich in protein and natural skin tightening property, the egg white is an excellent kitchen ingredient to lightening the scars on your face.
- Take 1 egg and separate the yellow yolk from it.
- Add a teaspoon of lemon juice (freshly extracted) to it and mix it thoroughly.
- Apply the mask on your face and neck and leave it for 30 minutes.
- Once you feel your skin tightening after the mask dries out, wash off with cold water.
Use this mask on every other alternate day to lighten your acne marks and get a clean supple skin.
12. Shea butter
Try using shea butter in the affected areas to clear the acne breakouts and scars. With rich in antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, shea butter clears the dirt from your pores and moisturize it in depth. It penetrates deep into your skin cells and gives you excellent nourishment in the superficial layers of the skin.
- Take a small amount of Shea Butter and massage it on your face.
- Try to use a raw Shea butter. Leave it for overnight and wash off in the morning.
Repeat this for one month continuously to notice visible results.
Neem leaves have excellent antiseptic properties and to soothe and heal any sort of skin allergies or reactions. Apart from cleaning out your ance. Neem will treat all the other inner cells of your skin thus lightening your scars and giving you a natural skin glow and soft texture.
- Take neem leaves, wash and dry them in the sun.
- Make a powder of these dried leaves and store it to make your face mask.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of neem leaf powder with the required amount of water to form a thick paste and apply it on your face.
- Leave it for 20-30 minutes and then wash off with cold water.
Do this daily once in a day to see your scars disappearing out as soon as possible.
14. Avocado mask
Avocado is rich in healthy fats and vitamins. It clears your pores and supplies the required vitamins to your skin cells to keep them clean and healthy. They prevent acne breakouts and clear the blemishes and red spots from your face.
- Rip out an avocado and make it into a thick paste.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of raw honey in it.
- Apply it over your face and neck to erase the scars and get an even complexion.
- Let it sit for 20-30 minutes and then wash off with cold water.
Based on the availability of the fruit, you can either do it once in a week or on every alternate day.
15. Coconut oil
You probably might have underestimated the power of coconut oil if you ever thought that it was only good for your scalp. Rich in omega fats and moisturizing properties, a few drops of oil in the affected area of your face can easily help in clearing out the acne scars and redness.
- Take a small amount of coconut oil and apply it on your face with a clean cotton ball.
- Spread it thoroughly all over your face.
For quick results, try following this routine on every alternate day.
16. Coca Butter
Coca butter also helps in moisturizing your skin and repairing the damaged cells thus softening your tissues and making them less visible on your skin.
- Take a small amount of cocoa butter on your palms and apply it on the affected areas.
- Let it stay on for overnight and rinse off the next morning.
Quick tips to prevent Ance marks
- Cleanse your face thoroughly twice a day.
- Wear a good sunblock before stepping out.
- Follow a healthy nutritious diet plan.
- Never tamper the ance marks with bare hands.
- Moisturize your face regularly.
- Use proper over-the-counter acne treatments if needed.
- Limit the makeup application on your face.
- Drink lots of water and stay hydrated.
- Reduce your stress and stay happy.
Hope, you find the solution to your biggest problem of how to get rid of acne scars. Do use these home remedies for scars daily and feel the difference.