7 Simple and Best Home Remedies for Fair Skin Naturally
All of us want glowing and flawless skin. Living in a city and working outside makes our skin dull and dark. Other than pollution and suntan, factors like stress, poor diet, drinking, and smoking are also responsible for dark skin.
These days there are many instant fairness creams that lighten up your complexion for the time being. But the problem with these creams is that they use chemicals that might cause damage to your skin in the future. Also, when you will stop using these creams, the effect will also be diminished. If you want glowing, beautiful, and fair skin, it is best if you go for home remedies that will have much better effects than instant beauty creams.
Our skin produces a pigment known as melanin that gives the skin its color. The sun rays cause an increase in melanin production hence causing the skin to get tanned. But if you wish to get rid of the suntans you can adopt these ways of getting fair skin naturally at home and see the difference in no time.
Whether you want a flawless complexion or want to get fairer-looking skin naturally, we have the best home remedies for fair skin naturally.
How to get fair skin?
A disciplined skincare routine is very important for healthy fair-looking skin. People generally ask “how to get fair skin fast permanently?” or “how to get fair skin in 1 week naturally?”. Let me tell you there are processes to get fair skin instant but those are chemical-based processes. They are harmful. If you choose natural ways for glowing skin then it takes time and they are very effective.
Here are a few skincare remedies that would help you get the complexion you have always dreamt of:
- Egg pack
Here is the complete guide on how to use these home remedies to get fair skin. These home remedies for fair skin have the best results and these are tested. We also mentioned the caution with the products.
1. Lemon Mask for Skin Whitening
Lemon works wonders for skin lightening due to its skin bleaching properties. Lemon also helps in reducing dark spots and blemishes from the skin.
How to Apply:
- You would need fresh lemon juice.
- Apply the fresh lime juice to the affected areas.
- Then leave it for a duration of 10 mins.
- Wash it off with cold water.
- For best results repeat this every alternate day.
Caution: Do not expose yourself to the sun if trying out the lemon remedy for fair skin. Be sure if lemon suits your skin as lemon can also cause irritation to sensitive skin. People having sensitive skin should dilute lemon juice with some water before bringing it into contact with the skin.
2. Milk Mask for Fair Skin
As the enzymes present in milk lighten up your complexion and makes the skin tone a lot more even. Milk also helps you keep your skin well-nourished.
How to apply:
- Take 1 tablespoon of milk and 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Mix both and make a smooth paste.
- Apply it all over your face and then massage gently in a circular way.
- Let it dry on the face for 15mins
- Then rinse your face with water
Caution: Make sure you use low-fat milk if you have oily skin and full cream milk if you have very dry skin. You can also use milk powder in place of milk. You can repeat this remedy every day.
3. Egg White for Fair Skin
The egg white helps in making your skin glow and the yolk makes the skin all soft and smooth.
How to apply:
- All you need for this face pack is an egg.
- Break an egg from middle and take out only egg white in a bowl.
- Wisk the egg white until it gets fluffy
- Now apply it on your face and wait till it dries.
- Rinse it off with cold water.
If you hate the smell of eggs, you can make a little change. Add few drops of lemon juice or lavender essential oil to it to lessen the smell of the egg. You can try applying this face pack twice a week.
We have also written about DIY face masks made by using only 2 simple ingredients that are easily available at home.
4. Tomato for fairness
As tomato contains Lycopene it helps in reducing pigmentation very quickly and is a very good choice for getting glowing skin. This face pack helps in reducing the tan, lightening the skin tone, and also removes dead skin cells.
How to apply:
- You need 1 small tomatoes and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Blend them in a blender to make a smooth paste.
- Now apply this paste to your face and keep it for 20 minutes.
- Then wash it off with cold water.
- Apply this mask daily before taking bath.
5. Turmeric for skin fairness
Turmeric is an ingredient that has been used for a long time and is still considered one of the best ingredients to get fair glowing skin. It also helps in maintaining skin elasticity. People having sensitive skin can make a little water with this pack.
How to apply:
- Take one teaspoon of turmeric powder, 3-4 spoons of lime juice.
- Mix it well in a bowl.
- Apply this paste to the areas that are affected and leave for 15 minutes
- Then rinse with water.
You can apply this mask 2-3 times a week. Turmeric is used in Indian Ayurved for fair skin from ancient times.
In India, people make a pack of turmeric, oil and wheat flour, and a little bit of water. They call it Ubtan. This is the best homemade fairness recipe for Indians. You can use this on daily basis.
Read more: Best fruit face packs for anti-aging.
6. Potato Mask for skin whitening
Potato is the best remedy to lighten the dark circles and brightens the eye area. It also helps in getting rid of ugly spots, marks, and blemishes. Potatoes are rich in antioxidants that help in protecting skin from pollution and exposure to the sun. The raw potato juice is rich in vitamin C and has mild bleaching properties that make skin white and helps in removing dark spots.
How to Apply:
- Take a raw potato and crush it.
- Take 3 tablespoons of potato juice and 2 tablespoons of honey.
- Mix them and make a smooth paste.
- Apple this paste on your face and leave it for 30 minutes.
- Wash you face with water.
7. Papaya Mask for white skin
Papaya is richin in vitamins A and C, as well as antioxidants that reduces damage caused by free redicals. It firms the skin and leave it soft and supple by increasing the collagen production. Ripe papaya also contains BHAs that works as mild exfoliators and help in removing of dead skin cells from face, leaving it super glowing, radiant and fair.
How to apply:
- Take a piece of ripe papaya and half tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Mix them well in a bowl and make a smooth paste.
- Apply this paste on your face for 10 minutes.
- Wash your face with water.
Read More, How to Get Rid of Acne Scars at Home?
These are a few home remedies for fair skin naturally at home but make sure you know which ingredient suits your skin and which doesn’t. If you are unsure about any ingredient then do a patch test on your arms to get an idea if it suits you.
There are home remedies for fair skin that will help you in having glowing, fair skin but do not forget to eat right and maintain a proper healthy diet. Many people have a fetish for fair skin but remember that healthy glowing skin is the most in vogue and happy girls are the prettiest!
Leave a comment
Comment policy: We love comments and appreciate the time that readers spend to share ideas and give feedback. However, all comments are manually moderated and those deemed to be spam or solely promotional will be deleted.
Hey Debarati, nice post, I really like to read your post and I found so useful. These are really effective remedies, thank you so much for introducing with me. I have a problem with my skin that it is getting dry and dull. I am really worrying for my skin. Your remedies will really work for me. But for dryness what should I do, Please guide.
These are such creative home remedies! I always found lemon so useful for my skin. Thanks for all other remedies that I can use for my skin. This is really a wonderfully written blog for skin care remedies I must say!