15 Benefits of Black Seed oil or kalonji oil for hair, skin, and health
Black seeds come from a small plant known as Nigella sativa. It has pale purple, blue or white flowers and people use this as a natural remedy. It has many different names like black caraway, black cumin, kalonji, and black onion seeds.
In India, it is very popular as a kitchen ingredient and uses in day-to-day life. It may also use in treating cancer and diabetes. It is used as remedies for asthma, hypertension and weight loss.
So, what are the benefits of kalonji oil? here in this blog, I will tell you some benefits, precautions, and dosage of Black seed oil.
Health Benefits Black seeds:
1. Black seeds for Asthma:
Taking black seeds by mouth with asthma medicines can improve asthma. But it only works in people with very low lung function.
2. High blood pressure:
High blood pressure is not just a common problem it has various severe health impact which can lead to cardiovascular diseases.
Researches had shown that taking black seeds every morning may help in dealing with high blood pressure.
Black seeds are antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory and this property can help to improve acne.
4. Breast pain:
Normally woman suffer from breast pain during their menstrual cycle Applying a gel containing black seed oil or black seeds oil can help to reduce pain in breast during the menstrual cycle.
5. Improve sperm function:
Researches have shown that by taking black seeds oil there is an increase in the sperm count.
6. Reducing stomach upset:
Stomach pain and cramps can be relieved by eating black seeds or taking black seed oil. It can help in reducing gas, bloating and sometimes ulcers too.
Skin Benefits of Kalonji Oil
1. Treating scars:
Scars can be scary, apply black seeds oil directly on scars, and leave it overnight or you can also leave for the overnight it can help you to light scars. Even it will make your skin softer than before.
2. Skin moisturizer:
It’s a great skin moisturizer, this oil will give you supernatural glow, it will help you to get over with acne, and with regular usage of this oil, you can make your skin so flawless and baby soft.
3. Removes dark spots:
The black seed oil is rich in vitamins and amino acids which can help to treat dark spots in just a few days, it is also beneficial in removing blackheads.
4. Prevents wrinkles:
Are you getting old by your appearance? If your answer is yes then black seeds oil is the perfect answer.
Mix black seed oil with honey and apply it on your face. Remove this pack after 30 minutes and try this remedy thrice in a week for better results.
Kalonji Oil Benefits for Hair
1. Hair growth:
Black seeds oil is amazing for hair growth or to stop hair fall. Just add black seeds in castor oil, coconut oil, olive oil and heat all of them together. Apply this oil in the night before bed. Or wash after 3 hours of the application you will see great results in just one month.
2. Fights hair loss
Kaloji is helpful in fighting the hair loss problem. One of the study shows that when people who have hair loss due to stress were treated with a lotion which has kalonji oil for 3 months, their hair thickness increased. The kalonji oil Strengthens hair from the inside and helps in reducing hair fall.
3. Controls dandruff
The kalonji oil help in treating itchy scalps and dandruff.
4. Prevents premature graying of hair
The linoleic acid in Kalonji seeds helps in preventing premature graying.
5. Conditions hair
The fatty acids like linoleic acid and oleic acid in kalonji oil help in conditioning the hair and make them manageable.
Homemade masks of black seeds oil:
1. Kalonji Glowing skin face mask :
- Warm some milk and pour it into a bowl
- Add some black seeds in it and leave it for 1 hour
- Grind all the mixture in a grinder and a make paste of it
- Apply this paste on your skin and leave it for 1 hour
- After that scrub it into a circular motion and wash it off with cold water
- Apply any moisturizer you want
- Use this face 2 times in a week
2. Instant glowing face mask:
- Add honey and black seeds in a bowl
- Mix both of them together and apply this mixture on your face
- Leave it for half an hour
- Once you will wash off this mask, you will get a glowing skin.
3. The solution of acne:
- If you are facing a problem of acne then mix apple cider vinegar with black seeds
- Mix both of them together
- Apply this mixture on your affected area for a while
- Use this on your regular basis.
4. Black seed Hair fall mask:
- Add 2 hands full of black seeds to 4 to 5 cups of water.
- Boil it for 10 to 15 minutes
- In water of black seeds, oil add 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Apply this mixture and leave for 30 minutes to 1 hour
- Use this mixture 2 times in a week
5. Kalonji mask for Hair fall
- Apply the black seeds oil directly on your scalp
- Massage your scalp for 30 minutes
- Leave this oil for 2 hours
- And wash with any mild shampoo
Also read: 15 best potato face mask for all skin types
Precautions of Black seed oil
1. Pregnancy – Taking larger medicinal amount of black seed oil is unsafe during pregnancy as it can slow down or stop the uterus from contracting.
2. Bleeding disorders – Taking black seed oil can slow down the blood clotting and can make the situation worse during an injury or blood loss.
3. Low Blood pressure – Black seed oil can lower down the blood pressure. So the people having issues with lower blood pressure should avoid using black seed oil.
4. Surgery – As black seed oil can lead to bleeding disorders so in case of any kind of surgery the patient should avoid using black seed oil.
Dosage of Black Seed oil
1. For diabetes: One gram of black seed oil can be used twice a day for twelve months.
2. For High Blood pressure: Take 2.5 ml of black seed oil twice a day for eight weeks.
3. To improve sperm count: Use 2.5 ml of black seed oil twice a day for two months.
4. For Asthma: Take 2 grams of black seed oil for 12 weeks. You can also take 500mg black seed oil twice daily for one month.
Black seed oil was also found in King Tut’s tomb by the archaeologists which tells the importance of black seed oil in terms of healing and protection.
So these were some interesting facts about black seed oil, Keep one thing in mind that these facts which are mentioned above are concluded after general research only. Results may vary from person to person, so it is better to consult a doctor or physician before using this oil for any purpose.
“STAY HEALTHY STAY FIT”