12 Amazing Benefits of Ajwain for Health, Hair, and Skin
Ajwain which is also known as carom seeds in English is one of the most common ingredients found in Indian kitchens. Ajwain is a rich source of nutrients, minerals, and fiber, not only this but it also has some cancer-preventing agents. There are lot many health benefits of ajwain which makes it an important and essential component in our diet.
If we notice the women from ancient times were very beautiful and pretty, especially those women who belonged to Egypt ( the woman who belongs from Egypt are considered as one of the most beautiful women ever lived) they use homemade remedies prepared from ajwain or carom seed. Ajwain seeds have too many benefits in terms of beauty and those beautiful ancient Egyptian women used them as their beauty products.
It can also be used as a cleanser, antacid, and detoxer. Collectively it has a great impact on the human body. In this blog, we are going to check out some important health benefits of ajwain, so that you can add it to your diet and enjoy a healthy life.
Benefits of Ajwain (Carom Seeds)
Health Benefits of Ajwain
Ajwain or Carom seeds are rich in fibre, minerals, vitamins and antioxidants. All these nutrients makes it best for healthy lifestyle. Here are the benefits of Ajwain for health:
1. For loose motions
Carom seeds or ajwain is being used to treat loose motions from ancient times. It can also be given to infants or toddlers as a remedy for loose motion.
How to use Ajwain for loose motions?
- In a glass of water mix ajwain seeds and a pinch of salt.
- Drink the prepared mixture to get instant relief.
2. For kidney stones
Kidney stone is a very common problem nowadays; it is very difficult to pass urine if you have kidney stones. Carom seed can do wonders in the treatment of kidney stones.
How to use Ajwain for kidney stone treatment at home?
- Mix carom seeds with honey and vinegar.
- Take this mixture for 10 to 15 days to dissolve the kidney stones.
3. For paralysis
Ajwain can be beneficial in treating numbness or paralysis; it can treat symptoms that are directly related to paralysis like trembling and shaking of limbs.
How to use Ajwain for Paralysis treatment at home?
- Put ajwain seeds in water
- Consume the mixture on daily basis.
4. For treating deafness
Yes! You heard it right, Ajwain can also be used for treating deafness. Deafness can occur at any age due to any factor. You can treat deafness with the use of ajwain.
How to use Ajwain for treating deafness?
- Simply put a few drops of ajwain seed oil into your ear.
NOTE: Please consult to doctor before using anything into your ear.
5. For body cleansing
We are exposed to too much toxicity and impurities. It becomes very important to detoxify your body to prevent further damage. Ajwain can play an important role in the detoxification of the body naturally.
How to use Ajwain for body cleansing?
- You can take tea prepared with ajwain seeds on daily basis before meals to detoxify your body.
6. As eye drops
Ajwain can also be used as eye drops, eyes are an important part of our body and need to be treated properly. Eye health is one of the neglected things in our daily. We often feel dryness and irritation in our eyes; here ajwain can come to our rescue.
How to use ajwain for eyes?
- Boil carom seeds in water.
- Remove it from the flame.
- Cool down the mixture
- Use this mixture as eye drops and apply it twice a day.
7. For Joint pain
Joint pain is a common problem in old age, it can be caused by several other reasons like any injury or any underlying disease.
How to use Ajwain for Joint pain?
- Mix cumin seeds, ajwain seeds, Shatavari, and fenugreek seeds together.
- Grind them all together to make powdered form.
- Take half spoon every morning.
8. For sexual problems
If you are suffering from any kind of sexual problems, then ajwain seeds can help you in treating them.
How to use it?
- Roast ajwain seeds with butter and tamarind kernels.
- Grind them all
- Add one tsp of this mixture in milk along with a few drops of honey.
Benefits of Ajwain for Skin
Including Ajwain in your daily diet can make your skin flawless and ance-free. It also can soothe skin infections as it contains a component named thymol. Here is the list of benefits of Ajwain for the skin:
9. Get rid of acne and acne scars with the help of carom seeds
Acne and acne scars are a nightmare for all of us rather than buying expensive products for acne use carom seeds.
How to use Ajwain for acne?
- Grind ajwain seeds and mix the powder form with yogurt.
- After mixing it properly, apply it to the affected area.
- Let it stay for half an hour.
- Rinse your skin with lukewarm water.
Benefits of Ajwain for Hair
The Ajwain contains a compound named p-cymene that helps in getting rid of bacteria and other parasitic microorganisms. This leads to healthy hair and dandruff control. Below is the list of Ajwain Benefits for hair:
10. Prevent greying of hairs
Grey hair is such a nightmare that can be caused due to several different reasons. There are lot many ways to prevent or treat grey hairs and ajwain treatment is one of the natural ways.
How to use Ajwain for hair greying?
- Boil one pinch of ajwain seeds in a cup of water with 2 to 3 curry leaves and dry grapes.
- Add sugar
- Strain the mixture
- Drink this mixture daily with at least one glass.
11. Get silky and smooth hairs
It is another benefit of ajwain for the people who want silky and smooth hairs naturally. You can make a hair mask made up of ajwain seeds and apply it to your hairs, it will nourish your hair follicles and will give strength to your hairs.
How to use Ajwain for silky hair?
- Mix yogurt with bhringraj powder and carom seeds powder along with coconut oil
- Mix all of them together and apply this mask twice a week to get the silky smooth hairs.
12. Grow hair faster and stop hair fall
Ajwain or carom seeds can help you to grow hair faster; it is also beneficial in preventing hair fall. Carom seeds have enough anti-oxidants to nourish the scalp and provide strength to the hair follicles. These antioxidants can also prevent dandruff and other issues related to hair.
How to use Ajwain for hair growth?
- Add coconut oil, olive oil, curry leaves, and carom seeds to a pan and heat them on low flame.
- After 7 minutes turn off the flame you can use this oil to stop hair fall.
Read More, Best Coconut Milk Hair Mask for Hair Growth
So these were important health benefits along with directions of use of ajwain seeds. Ajwain or carom seeds have more than 50 health benefits, it is easily available in the market and is easy to use. Ajwain seeds are used by the old people in our family and they know very well about its health benefits. Do you remember the good old childhood days when you might be a child and suffering from stomachache quite often than your mom or granny used to give you ajwain to get over with the ache? When we grow up we forget all these natural formulas and get stick to the trending medicines with long courses. It is better to have a look in the kitchen you may find some useful remedies there rather than influencing your body with some trending medicines and with their side effects.
So this was it for today! I hope you found this article informative
“Stay healthy, eat healthily”