Now, India is growing beautifully and the number of independent women are also increasing. But there was a time when women in India were not treated equivalent to men and they had very less chances to prove themselves. At that time, rising between the stereotype mentality and prove them wrong needed much courage than you think. Somewhere, still in 21st century, people doubt on women’s capabilities.
On the Women’s Day, We made this special list of 20 First Indian Women Who Broke the Stereotype Image of Indian Woman and Didn’t Let Stereotypes Hold Them Back. Hope, this will inspire you to achieve your dreams. 🙂
20 First Indian Women Who Broke the Stereotype Image of Indian Woman.
1. Homai Vyarawalla was India’s first woman Photojournalist.
2. Sarla Thakral was the First Indian Woman to Fly. In 1936 She Earned Pilot License And Flew Gypsy Moth Aeroplane.
3. Paramahansa Yogananda, Who Brought Yoga and Meditation to West Giving Lecture on Yoga In America.
4. Rajani Pandit, the first Indian woman who became private investigator or Private Detective
5. Noor Inayat , Indian Princess Who Was Also British Spy. She Was Killed by Germans During World War II
6. The Bandit Queen- Phoolan Devi. I am sure she needs no Introduction.
7. Bachendri Pal is the first Indian woman to reach the summit of Mount Everest in 1984.
8. Surekha Yadav, India’s first female train driver or loco pilot in 1988.
9. Karnam Malleswari, first Indian female to win Olympic medal.
10. Arati Saha, first Indian female to cross English channel.
11. Durgabai Kamat, the first female actress of Indian cinema.
12. Kalpana Chawla, the first woman of Indian origin in space.
13. Kiran Bedi, the first woman to join the Indian Police Service
14. Lakshmi Sahgal, First women officer of the Indian National Army.
15. Reita Faria Powell, First Indian women to become Miss World and the winner of the Miss World 1966 pageant.
16. Shushmita Sen, First Indian Women to become Miss Universe
17. Dr. Seema Rao is India’s first woman commando trainer, having trained Indian Special forces for 18 years without compensation.
18. Anandibai Gopalrao Joshi, first Indian female physicians.
19. Pratibha Patil, First women president of India.
20. Arundhati Bhattacharya, first woman to be the Chairperson of State Bank of India.
There are lot more women are out there who are continuously fighting for their right and for their dreams. And I know you are also one of them. Dear Girls, Don’t loose hope and do what is right. One day, you will be the inspiration for others. 🙂
We Love your spirit and wishing you Happy Women’s Day. :*
Read More: UNSTOPPABLE : A Poem to encourage girls